Ensure the efficient operation and performance of a growing portfolio spread across multiple markets by overseeing all aspects of their day-to-day management, long-range strategy, and financial performance. A dynamic leader who influences and mentors a property management team. Directs and implements all policies, objectives, and activities for the team and the single-family assets they manage. The ideal candidate must be tactical in their weekly and monthly responsibilities to ensure an overall goal of maximizing performance. Travel is required up to two weeks per month.
This candidate may be based in any of our markets: Atlanta, Baltimore, Charlotte, Columbia, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Minneapolis, Oklahoma, and Tampa.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Provides leadership and daily management over a team within defined markets responsible for single-family rental homes and the residents who occupy them.
- Set overall operational and financial goals for the markets and individual employees.
- Provide continuous training, coaching, and feedback to employees. Perform evaluations and audit performance standards throughout the year. Initiate and document disciplinary actions as needed.
- Monitors, assists, and makes recommendations to maintain occupancy/renewal and retention benchmarks and recommends rent schedules and concession changes.
- Oversee the marketing efforts including online reviews, property descriptions and website listings. Evaluate results and introduce improvements as needed to increase marketing impact. Ensure consistency in marketing process across markets.
- Inspect properties to ensure that they are meeting the Goal standard.
- Prepare and present required reporting to team, senior management and clients. Ensure accuracy and proactively communicate variances.
- Develop, coach and identify training gaps and opportunities for team. Continually mentor to align your teams’ goals and set the standard for how they perform.
- Create and adhere to budgets for assigned markets. Responsible for achieving monthly client benchmarks.
- Build rapport with employees, customers, and clients; resolve critical resident relations issues.
- Responsible for supporting Property Managers in field when needed. This includes performing Property Manager duties as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.